There is anecdotal evidence that people with Down syndrome have a unearthly connection with the WWE Superstars. Just ask Dr. Dennis McGuire from the Adult Down Syndrome Center of Lutheran General Hospital
Park Ridge, Illinois.
In his paper called “What would happen if people with DS ruled the world?” he explains some of his observations as a physician to adults with Down syndrome:
- Elvis, The Beatles, and the Beach Boys would still be number 1 on the hit parade (Music of the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s would be BIG)
- Musicals would be very, very, very, big (such as “Grease,” and “The Sound of Music”)
- John Travolta would be the biggest star.
- Classic TV hits would be very BIG and take up at least half the TV schedules.
- “I Love Lucy,” “Happy Days,” “The Three Stooges,” etc. would be very BIG.
- Wrestling would be very Big.
- “Life Goes On” would also be very Big and replayed regularly.
Google will find that in the cross between WWE and Down syndrome there are plenty of inspirational videos:
And stories of super fans
I think super fan is an understatement – and I should know, I live with one.
And that is why it shouldn’t surprise anyone that when writer/directors Tyler Nilson and Michael Schwartz wrote a feature film for Zack Gottsagen to star in it would involve the WWE.
“But the star remains a WWE fan, revealing, “Actually, one of my favourite wrestlers is Triple H. He’s kind of my favourite person.””
We’ll talk more about Zack in a few days. He makes a great Z word!