This new and exciting platform creates a virtual space for members of the Down syndrome community to come together for online learning. The founder, Jennifer Smolka Ph.D. explains her mission like this:
The vision for 321 eLearning and the 321eConference is to create a global learning community for members of Down syndrome community.
321eLearning will provide synchronous and asynchronous learning products and services for parents, teachers and researchers who are supporting individuals with various forms of Down syndrome.
Our mission is to provide an affordable, accessible, and scalable solution to build knowledge, engagement and empowerment within the global Down syndrome community through innovative learning solutions designed to connect parents, educators, and researchers.
Collaboration is Key!
- Coleen Popp, Convention Director for the National Down Syndrome Congress, presented “How to Navigate the NDSC Convention.”
- Ginny Sessions Siller and Heather Sachs from the National Down Syndrome Society told us about the “NDSS 2015 Federal and State Legislative Agenda.”
- Shannon French and Michele Slape from the International Down Syndrome Coalition hosted “Getting to Know the IDSC”
- Brandy Snow and Brandy Hellard of the International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association taught “Mosaic Down Syndrome 101“
- Joe Mears, founder of Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome addressed advocacy in “Advocacy– Option or Obligation“
- and Deanna Tharpe from Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action explained “Making Support Local“